The Oscars of the haute horlogerie world recognize the best watches in the industry.
The haute horlogerie world is a unique and passionate one, where sublime pieces of art combine artisanal tradition with mechanical precision.
The Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève exists to recognize the best watched in the world, and it’s most commonly known as the “Haute Horlogerie Oscars”. This award recognizes the excellency in watchmaking, and is a way to shed light on the amazing work done by brands revolutionizing an industry that will never go out of fashion.
The GPHG is divided in 14 categories, with 6 houses participating in each category. In this Grand Prix, beauty is as important as functionality, and that is why some watches might appear to be eccentric, when in fact we are looking at something more than a simple accessory, more so, a work of art.
Celebrated on November 7th, in Genève, this year’s edition saw the independent GPHG judges award 19 prizes and gave the Great Prize “Aiguille d’Or” to Audemars Piguet, for its Royal Oak Selfwinding Perpetual Calendar Ultra-Thin watch.
Below you can meet the winners by category of this exciting prize:
- Ladies Watch: Chanel J12
- Ladies’ Complication Watch: MB&F Legacy Machine FlyingT.
- Men’s Watch: Voutilainen 28ti.
- Men’s Complication Watch: Audemars Piguet Code 11.59 by Audemars Piguet Minute Repeater Supersonnerie.
- Iconic Watch: Audemars Piguet Royal Oak “Jumbo” Extra-thin.
- Chronometry Watch: Chronométrie Ferdinand Berthoud Carburised Steel Regulator.
- Calendar and Astronomy Watch: Hermès Arceau L’heure de la Lune.
- Mechanical Exception Watch: Genus GNS1.2.
- Chronograph Watch: Bvlgari Octo Finissimo Chronograph GMT Automatic
- Diver’s Watch: Seiko Prospex LX line diver’s.
- Jewellery Watch: Bvlgari Serpenti Misteriosi Romani.
- Artistic Crafts Watch: Voutilainen Starry Night Vine.
- “Petite Aiguille”: Kudoke Kudoke 2.
- Challenge Watch: Tudor Black Bay P01.
- Reconocimientos especiales
- “Horological Revelation”: Ming 17.06 Copper.
- Audacity: Urwerk AMC.
- Innovation: Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Twin Beat Perpetual Calendar.
It’s an honor to recognize and congratulate the winners of the GPHG, because they innovate and add value to the industry we represent. Bravo to the winners who, with their creativity and savoir faire, break paradigms and set new standards for the world of haute horlogerie.
To get to know more about haute horlogerie and some of the award winning brands of this year’s Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève, make an appointment with our Concierge service: +52 (998) 197 4407.